Thursday, April 7, 2011

more homeless?

Today was one of those days when the sun would shine than within minutes it was raining. Every corner I passed while doing my routine shopping, bill paying , banking rounds dawned an abundance of lifes beggars, the pour or in some peoples eyes the workers of humanity, the con artists, the manipulators of the heart. They stand on the corner of a mall or a large shopping center near a market, or department store. They hold a sign usually made of cardboard with an assortment of sayings, God bless, Homeless, Hungry, Traveling…….ANYTHING Helps. I am not criticizing the ones who hold the signs, the people who stand for hours smiling and waving, smoking their cigarettes petting their dogs, I am only taking notice of their diligence, their stamina, their perseverance. I for one would be too embarrassed and I don’t mean in a pride sense, I mean simply that I don’t care for the attention I would draw. Than there is the humble aspect, saying thank you? I was just begging.
Are there more homeless when it rains or do we just notice them more from our warm and cozy cars where we are not getting wet?  Are they really hungry, homeless, out of work and traveing?  I call 'them' the manupilators of the heart I think because no decent human wants to se another suffer. Call me weak. Call me stupid. Ireally don't care I feel.

No comments:

Post a Comment